A More Perfect Union - Quote of the Week

"If I am shot at, I want no man to be in the way of the bullet."

-Andrew Johnson

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Union Station


I was looking at the itinerary and it seems pretty full. There doesn’t seem to be much down time (this is a good thing), but you don’t get much time to eat. So my advice would be to stay close to the hotel for meal breaks. And for one of those meal breaks I would most definitely advise you to head to Union Station to eat. It is within walking distance of the hotel, has plenty of options for food, and is a must see in terms of DC sites.


So what exactly does Union Station have to offer? Well… there is a food court downstairs (typical mall food court) and there are a few nice restaurants. So if you want something cheap you got it, if you want a nicer sit down fancy place, it's there too! As far as nice restaurants, there are a number to choose from and although I haven't tried them, I have heard good things about America as well as The Station Grill. There is also some shopping that can be done at Union Station, but don’t be too surprised when you see how small the shopping area is and how few stores there are. Basically Union Station allows you to find the food you want as well as provides some light shopping and beautiful scenery.

No comments: