A More Perfect Union - Quote of the Week

"If I am shot at, I want no man to be in the way of the bullet."

-Andrew Johnson

Friday, July 20, 2007

On a Friday Night

It's three in the morning. I’ve completed my 40 hours work week in the past three days. I was out until 5 a.m. yesterday and got to bed at 7 a.m. today. I feel like I’ve slept a total of about 8 hours in the last week... and I just ran a red light. Not because I didn’t see it, but because I’m so tired, that by the time it registered in my brain to stop, I had already passed the stoplight. I’m about ready to run any other red lights I come to and not just because I’m tired, but because the last two times I have stopped at a light I have actually had total strangers knock on my window and offer to pay me to drive them home.

It's three in the morning. The metro has stopped running and there are two dozen people on every corner trying to hail what must be the only cab in DC.

My advice… If you go out and don’t have a car, make sure you get back to the metro before it closes (3 am Friday and Saturday, midnight all other nights) or you just might be taking that unattractive man’s offer to go home with him, whether you like it or not.

No comments: